Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hear ye! Hear ye!

After MUCH confusion, a rather large hullabaloo, a touch of brouhaha, a smidgen of mayhem, and a pinch of pandemonium. . .I finally managed to get a website published again at www.boguckiresins.com

Now, it's not 100% finished yet, *but* I've found a web design program that's easy to use so I won't feel an overwhelming sense of hopeless dread every time I need to update something.

Of course, the reason for this whole headache was that I needed to get a page up for Pipsqueak so I could officially release him and now that I've accomplished that. . . I'm going to bed so I can have nightmares about something other than my website for a change! ;^P

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dammit Jim, I'm a sculptor, not a web designer!

Yes folks I am ALL ready to "officially" release the new resin edition. . .*except* I've now discovered that, as a result of not touching my website since 2007 (I even had to get a new password for my server because my old one was deemed to be lacking in capital letters, numbers, and symbols)  I have completely forgotten how to use the, now defunct, Frontpage 2000 program that the whole thing was created in!  Ack!
So, here I sit, revamping my website and praying that the whole thing uploads smoothly, when the time comes, so I can get on with my life!  ha!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Have I mentioned that I have a problem?

Yes, I have a problem sticking to one project and finishing it before I start another. But, in my defense, I had a good reason to start this little monster before sending the mini Warchant (aka:Pipsqueak) off to the caster.

I've wanted to make a fighting partner for Warchant ever since I did the original, 8 years ago. As you've probably guessed. . . I never got around to doing that.

I couldn't decide on the right pose. I *should* have sculpted Warchant and "friend" at the same time so I could have had more control over the interaction between the two of them. Instead, I sculpted Warchant on his own and, as a result, could never really figure out where another horse would fit into the scenario.

So, now I have a rare opportunity here to play around with ideas without committing to a larger sculpture. Best case scenario is that I get something worthwhile out of the exercise and can execute the larger sculpture I always meant to do. . . at the worst, I could end up with a little herd of angry mustangs and a whole lot of valuable experience in doing small thumbnail studies.
Seems like a win win situation either way.

So, just this once, I don't feel all that bad for letting myself get sidetracked. At least the mini Warchant is all finished! He will be headed to the caster sometime this week, after he's had his publicity photos taken and provided me with enough comparative measurements to be certain that this little bug eyed beastie will be the same size.