Tuesday, August 19, 2008

All those in favor. . .say "eye"


At this point it was GREAT to finally see *some* of the sculpting actually finished. In case you just started reading this blog, I should probably point out that the last several posts here have been chronicling the creation of a public art project piece for Lake Geneva, WI. It was actually completed at the end of May but, in keeping with my procrastinating nature, I am only *now* getting around to putting up these photos. Those of you who have been reading all along might be wondering why I am suddenly posting more often. . .occasionally two in one night . . . well, there's a reason for that but you'll just have to keep reading to find out. So. . .what's new in these pics?

Well, he's got a spiffy little tuft of hair around the bottom of his horn, and fuzzy hair texture inside his ears. But the thing that's made the biggest difference, in my opinion, is the newly sculpted eye area. The better defined lids and cute little lashes give him just the expression I was hoping for. Sweet and innocent, Awwwww!

So, stay tuned . . . there is a LOT more to come . . . way more than I bargained for, actually. :^\

No comments: