Monday, February 15, 2010

There was a lesson in this. . .somewhere. . .

. . . but I'm still trying to decide what it was. :^\ Maybe it was the fact that trying to draw and cut out tiny horse bones to scale in the middle of the night is probably not the best use of time? Perhaps it was that little paper horse bones with pins through them don't behave like real bones with actual joints? What about the fact that the diminutive bones may not have been quite diminutive *enough?* There is, of course, always the possibility that this was a good idea that actually DID help. . .just not in the way I thought it was going to.
The bones lined up reasonably well on the leg I wasn't concerned about but would NOT fit on the other side in any sort of useful way. Hmmmm. Should I be more concerned about the leg where the bones didn't fit. . .or the one where they *did?* hahahaha! My eyes said the raised leg was still the problem since I hadn't been happy with it since the beginning.
The process of drawing the bones and getting them on the horse must have been useful, in some way or another, because I was FINALLY able to resolve the problem and get that leg looking more natural.
I'm afraid these progress pics aren't very interesting to look at now that the changes between them are so small. It's probably like doing one of those frustrating games where you're trying to spot the differences between two seemingly identical pictures.














2 comments:

Kirsten Wellman said...

I am so excited about this piece! Love dem bones, too. :D

sarakerrigan said...

I have watched the progress of this horse since someone posted your website and I must say it is truly gorgeous. Can't wait to get my pea pickin' hands on one. You are a real genius!
sarakerrigan