Thursday, February 11, 2010

'Round and 'round and 'round we go. . .

This is the stage where things cease to be terribly enjoyable. . .endless hours of sculpting, rethinking, second guessing, RE-sculpting, and wishing the end was in sight. Unfortunately, it's so far off you can't see too many hints of what the finished horse will actually look like yet.







Looking a bit better on the right side. . .except for that rear leg (insert sound of me banging my head against the wall) Left side seems to be coming along o.k. but overall he's still pretty "meh."

At this point I think I had grabbed ahold of his head and yanked it upward on the armature to get a little more length in his neck. Sometimes you've just gotta do what you've gotta do! Better to do that sort of thing at this stage than realize you have to do it later on when things have been "finished." I *think* I might have a better handle on that raised rear leg. It's amazing what some actual measuring can do! DOH! I'm still not sold on the whole thing but I'll get back to it later. The time has come to start whittling this boy out of his pudgy stage and make him look a little more refined so I can see what I'm REALLY dealing with.

1 comment:

Myla said...

His demeanor has completely changed with the upward reach of his neck and the new ears, wow! Now he rocks!